1. Arvind Kejriwal is an IIT Alumni. He complete his Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur and then joined Tata Steel. In the mean time he was also preparing for Civil Service Examination.
2. He met his wife Sunita his batchmate from National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie and the National Academy of Direct Taxes in Nagpur.
3. When Kejriwal was in Income Tax Department he started a NGO called Parivartan, where he used to help people with their income tax problem and through this movement 800 cases were resolved effectively in 18 months.
4. Arvind Kejriwal was one of the prominent face in the struggle for RTI – Right To Information Act. He won the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership in 2006. He donated all his award money and started Public Cause Research Foundation, a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
5. After resigning from Income Tax department as Joint Commissioner, he became a full time social activist. From his NGO Public Cause Research Foundation and using RTI act he did immense work to bring transparency in Government bodies like Income Tax, Municipal Corporation etc.
6. In 2010 he came along with Anna Hajare to work on Jan Lokpal Bill which he think is very important for fight against corruption. He was one of the most important brain behind Drafting Jan Lokpal Bill and founding India Against Corruption to launch a movement against Government to pass Lokpal Bill, which was pending in Parliament since 1965.
7. In November 2012 he parted his way from Anna Hajare, and founded Aam Aadmi Party with most of the member of India Against Corruption. He believed that until you get into the system, you can’t change the system.
8. After Delhi Assembly Election 2013 he became the youngest Chief Minister of Delhi, and his tenure lasted for 49 days when he resigned because of low strength of AAP in assembly.
9. Arvind Kejriwal worked with Mother Teresa in Kolkata. He also meditates daily and gives lots of importance to meditation. Arvind Kejriwal was also involved in Theatre and Acting in his college days and.
10. Arvind Kejriwal is the first Indian Politician who firmly opposed VIP culture and did not accept “Lal Batti” Car after becoming Chief Minister.
These were 10 Facts about Arvind Kejriwal. You can add some in comment section and we will include it in main article as well.